Monday, February 08, 2010

A Whole Lot of Knittin' Going On

I have been knitting quite a bit, despite my absence from Blogland. My most recent projects have been gift related.

I finished a second Easy Wrap for my dear friend Deani. Deani is my mom's beat friend. They go back to the days when they were nineteen and newlyweds.



Project: Easy Wrap
Yarn: Malabrigo in Azul Profundo
Needles: KnitPicks Options circulars, US size 10
Started: November 10, 2009
Finished: December 27, 2009
Mods: None

I made a pair of Evangeline Mitts for my friend Teresa's birthday. I plan to make another pair for myself. These knit up very quick! I could have finished them in a couple of days if I had being knitting without interruption.



Project: Evangeline
Yarn: Malabrigo in Azul Profundo
Needles: US size 7 dpns
Started: January 12, 2010
Finished: January 20, 2010
Mods: None

I'm currently working on a pair of arm warmers for Jeff to wear when he runs in the morning. No picture yet. I should finish them this weekend, so I'll try to get him to model them.

I also started a little pullover for my nephew Adam. He'll be three in May. I realized that I've made his older brother Anthony, three sweaters. Adam - 0. Adam does get to wear Anthony's after he outgrows them, but it's not the same as having something made specifically with you in mind. So I'm going to fix that and show Adam some knitterly love.

Here's how it looks so far:



This is a pattern in the Sublime book featuring their Bamboo Pearls yarn. I couldn't find a link to the pattern. It's a pullover with a little collar. I'm using Rowan Calmer in a denim blue. It's going to look gorgeous on Adam.

The sweater is currently in timeout. Can you see the mistake? Up by the needles? The three cables on the left compared to the two on the right? It's hard to see, but apparently I forgot what row I was on only for the last three cables, but not on the first two. Go figure. So a little surgery is required before I move forward. sigh

Looking at these three projects, I seem to be in a 'blue' mood lately.

On another note, I'm lucky to be alive. Or, at least not injured.



This is what happens when you get hit by a huge sheet of flying particle board while driving on the freeway. It could have been so much worse. I'm lucky it didn't cause an accident. A new windshield and a few hours later, it was as though it never happened. For the car anyway. I was shaken up for the rest of the day and had a margarita at lunch for medicinal purposes.

Coming up:
Finishing two old UFOs before Stitches West (only 17 days away!)
My self-proclaimed Year of Socks
The Ravelympics! (only 4 days away!)

Happy knitting!

4 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

All of your FO's look great, Annette! I see that you've been favoring BLUE lately.

OMG! I can't believe that particle board crashed your windshield so severely! You were very lucky that it was on the passenger side of the car!!! I'm glad you're OK!

Anonymous said...

That's some pretty blues right there! I'm so glad to see you finished the wrap, it looks awesome.
I'm so glad you're ok after that board fell on your car. I would be so shocked if that had happened to me!

mary said...

When you go blue, you go BIG! Congrats on your lovely knits and so glad you were safe in your little accident.

Anonymous said...

HOLY SMOKES!!! Glad you're OK after that crazy accident. I would've needed more than one margarita.

Evangeline mitts and the wrap look awesome. Gotta love Malabrigo!